W7JZE
RV in 2016

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
There are two things you need to do..

First a URL http://twit.tv/hn

Check out a few episodes.. Epically those that mention Quartsfest

Second, mid Jan go to Quartsite AZ,, The center of town is the intersection of I-10 and AZ State Route 95

About five or six miles south, on the right, you will find a number of RV's parked for Free on BLM land.

Those folks will show you more RV mounted Antennas than you can imagine.

I have seen portable beam antenns for some of the shorter HF bands.. I use a long wire myself tossed over tree limbs or supported on poles depending on if there are trees to toss over.

The Screwdriver type antennas are popular but I like my long wire, current one is Eighty-something long (About 3 people heights shy of 100')
Quote:
Originally Posted by NN5I View Post
In case you want to search for it online, it's useful to spell it right: Quartzsite. Really, with both the z and the s.

Welcome aboard. I think you'll like it here.
Thank you John and Carl for the very nice welcome! I am familiar with the town of Quartzite, but being still employed, I never made time to attend the annual week-long (month long?) "Quartz-fest". I am in fact a member in good standing (Heh, heh, heh...) of the Quartzite Yacht Club with the membership card and boat "Birgie" to prove it . I've stopped at the "Yacht Club" a dozen times or so traveling between Phoenix and my (current) CA QTH. My XYL won a few $$ there, picking ponies out-of-thin-air while we tossed back a few cold ones.

Great idea on attending the annual Quartz-fest to get ideas on RV antenna mounting. I will remember "5 or 6 miles South, on the right on BLM land". Thank you for that hint!

OK, back to clock watching for now. Only two more days until May when I can say: "29 more months to go!"

Bill - W7JZE
W7JZE is offline   Reply With Quote