View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #10
Radio
Administrator

Sorry to dissappoint everybody but I can't seem to get signals in or out of here. This is the first chance I've had at the WiFi. The weather here has been very wet and with severe storms and such. Our site was 4" underwater! (Glad we weren't in a tent!)

Today the small craft advisory is out because of the 35+ knot winds.

I did work Alaska, and North Dakota and a guy about 40 miles from here. I don't think I am at all happy with my $400++ TW2040 thus far, but since I can't seem to hear anything either that may not be the issue. I think I just need some sunspots...I was on the air 6 hours and made 3, yes 3 contacts. Phooey. Somebody please tell me it's the bands!! It did seem to be the few people I heard were running power and big antennas.

I have gathered up a few decent pics of the park (Savage Island and Ft. McAllister itself) so I'll post them in the gallery when we get back.

So I gave up on the radios...stored them away and now I think I'll make the peach cobbler I promised the nice Canadians in the pop up next door. They have been living in the pop up for 4 month!! Tough people!!!

More when I get back.

KU4OJ, QRT. Sorry.

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote