View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #15
W5DOK
Old Member

Jim, I'm not a full timer, but I do spend a lot of time in my rv. About 9 months a year. We are presently in South Fork, Co. and from here we go home to the sticks and bricks for a couple of months and then on down to South Texas. We'll be on the coast, off and on, until May and then back to the high country. Probably Montana, Wyoming, Idaho and then back to Colorado for the remainder of the summer.
Verizon mi-fi has worked everywhere we have been except a couple of spots where there was absolutely no cell service. Most of the time the speed is good and we use the internet a lot. Our mi-fi is a hotspot that allows up to 5 users. We have 2 laptops, a printer and a neighbor presently on ours. The range is pretty good. Our neighbor is in the adjoining campsite and gets great service. Campground wi-fi sux, so we let him on ours. We've been very satisfied with the service. We also use it when we are at home. I used to travel to Japan a lot and it worked great for the DW and I to have daily conversations. DW uses it for Skype with the grandkids.
Doc
W5DOK is offline   Reply With Quote