View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 09:17 AM   #14
One Country Boy

I posted that last night Andy and it looked like it should have gone to the top of page two. I would click on "Page 2" but it would consistantly take me to "Page 1". Seems to be working now.

Awhile back, when I was attempting to eliminate some things, I ran an extention cord in from an outlet outside and there was no noise. Quiet as a mouse. Here I am telling my wife, I have got to get this noise isolated and cleaned up before we leave at the end of the month. She came up with an excellant suggestion. I always feed my antenna coax in through one of the corners in the bedroom slide. She reminded me that every campground we go to has a couple of extra 120VAC outlets at the electrical pedastal. She said, "while you are running the coax in through the bedroom slide, why don't you just carry a good extention cord along and run it in by the slide as well ?" Plugging it into the extra outside 120 connection. Now why didn't I think of that ? I gave her a great big hug and said, "problem solved !" Hopefully that will eliminate any noise in the CG as it did here at home when I tested it.

I've got a good 50 ft. "heavy duty", well insulated cord I can use. I can feed it in the same time I pull the 2 RG8X lines in. I remember why I married her now.