Thread: Bad week.
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
One Country Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9WLS View Post
Employment still seems to be down all over , at least from what I see and hear around here.
One of the locale coal mines (non union) just laid off 40 people on three shift's.
Glad I'm retired !
"The only way to tell if a Political is lying is to look see if his lip's are moving "

Sorry abt the bad luck Ken !
John,

I keep seeing these reports that the employment situation is improving and all these new jobs created but I just don't see it happening.

There was a report on ABC Evening News, a couple of weeks ago. The report stated that many of our jobs are coming back from China. The reason they went there in the first place they said was "cheap labor". So why come back, labor is still higher here in the U.S.? The report went on to state: that is correct, but they had learned that the American worker produced (I think it was) 4 times that of a Chinese worker.

I'm sitting there thinking this is propaganda. Not true and it "just ain't happening". I would tell people, do NOT be fooled by what is reported on our news media. They are part of the problem, not the solution.