View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #4
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Darling Daughter moved to Wyoming.. i'm still stuck here with a blown main engine.
I'm 3 Miles north of the mandatory evaucation line
High water was anticipated to be 12 feet (Turned out to be 9) i'm at 15 per Google
Winds were expected to be around 100MPH, did not quite make it, This rig has withstood 100MPH before w/o damage.

Total damage:
passanger side rear view mirror came unclipped, It has been re-clipped. no cost (not the first time it is damaged from a prior incident)

Trim strip (the "insert" in the screw rail) on driver's side came out, Put it back No cost

A small tear in a slide topper became larger.. From about 1" to about 1'. Fixed low cost (less than a dolalr in materials).

Though the park was 48 hours w/o power Mr. Onan worked flawlessely, The park water pump, naturally failed, but I had on-board fresh water, In fact I just finished sanatizing it before the storm... Lost cable TV, (OTA worked) interenet and phone.. ham Radio of course worked.

So I came through rather well.. Other than the length of the storm, it was not any worse than several others I've weathered where I'm at..... But I was watching the predictions like a hawk. Most time I've spent reading weather reports in a long time.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote