View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 06:54 PM   #9
Radio
Administrator

I lost my Dad 30 years ago...but I still have my Mom. She's 84 and does whatever she pleases. Sweet Wifes parents have passed on, her Mom spent her last few months in our dining room before the pulmanary fibrosis finally took her.

My Dad had a stroke and was gone within the hour. Both of Kathy's folks lingered on for months. At least everyone knew the end was near and if you had something to do, or say then you knew it was time to get it done. Mammy (Kathy's Mom) had a bunch of stories bottled up inside and shared them, and she had some recipes she wanted archived so that future generations could enjoy them.

The pain does go away, especially if you part on good terms as we did.

But you never cease to miss them. My Dad would have been so proud of my son graduating GA Tech this year.

But life goes on. I just might go ahead and get that 5th wheel, and be a little in debt for a while, to enjoy one or two more seasons with Sweet Wife, as we are never promised tomorrow.

Radio

PS...and it's turning out to be a mighty fine forum after all, isn't it? Mike is the one that does all the work and I'm the one that come up with all the goofy ideas that makes more work for Mike to do!
Radio is offline   Reply With Quote