View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
Radio
Administrator

Both my kids and the wife are hams and have been for years. Told the kids no ham license, no drivers license. Then about the time my daughter got her first car they came out with free cell phones with 2 year contract and we never put a mobile in her car. She still has the Kenwood HT I got her. My son still has his UHF/VHF equipment.

They got their licenses because I asked them to. You are lucky you have girls that are interested in radio, such wonderful memories together.

My daughter now works at hospitals here and the next big town over. Our hospital has one of the clubs two 2 meter repeaters on it's roof. The hospital sits on a ridge, so located for easy helicopter traffic, coverage ain't bad. I have encouraged her to become active in the ARES as this may offer some job security as well as provide a required part of the county emergency response plan (licensed op at the hospital) but she's got her plate full chasing certifications she needs for patient care. And isn't really interested in radio, anyway.

But again, you are so lucky to have this time with your girls

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote