View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 05:12 PM   #8
Radio
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricflyer View Post
I haven't used the camper oven yet, everything I have read is that it is best to put a pizza stone over the burner to even the heat out and reduces the possibility of burned biscuits.

Simple fare since I do ALL the meal fixing. I don't like to have a bunch of pots and pans to clean. I talked to a lot of men that do all the cooking. They say when the women cook in the kitchen they get every pot and pan out where the men will use one and when done with that clean it right away
My oven seems to do OK without a pizza stone. Perhaps because I preheat, so the burner isn't on much while the food is actually in there.

I do almost (95%) all the cooking. Sweet Wife does almost all the clean up. And between my masculine "low pot to food output ratio" and lots of paper plates there's not much to clean up. Generally Sweet Wife will make sandwiches for lunch.

I make the worlds best scrambled eggs and the $9 wok-like no-stick pan I use gets rinsed out the moment I am done with it.

We have coffee daily when camping, only on Sunday at home. Never after 10 a.m. Insulated mugs keeps it warm all morning.

And now I'm hungry.

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote