View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 06:08 PM   #5
Radio
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke0me View Post
There were a couple of times where a third hand would have been useful, while trying to hold the fan up, and twist the wire nut onto the wires. I did the bath fan so it had the 12 volt wires already there.
I'll have Sweet Wife lend a hand. And as for the rumor that RV's come with vents pre-wired for fans... hogwash! Did a little pre-exploratory this evening and found no such wiring in my 5th wheel. Now the roof on mine is a Styrofoam sandwich affair so YMMV. Other roofs may be wired. So I tunneled about 24 inches to the nearest light fixture through the Styrofoam. The only thing that bugs me is this fixture is the one that you can control from a wall switch by the door. I'd prefer an unswitched circuit, but who knows there may be advantages to that.

If anyone asks, the white wire is positive and the blue negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke0me View Post
We are stopped for 5 weeks in rural SC while my wife gets antibiotics via IV for a nasty hip infection. So I hope the AC continues to work well.
Rural South Carolina can be very nice. Hopefully your wife will recover quickly. What town are you near?

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote