View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 06:12 AM   #1
KE5ZRT
Super Swell Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to KE5ZRT
Exclamation Suburban DYNA-TRAIL Furnace Problem

Well, my wife and I have spent 2 nights in our new home--a 1987 Fleetwood Southwind, and I have figured out how to: operate the water heater (on the second day I finally found a water valve that fills the water heater!) light the pilot on the refrigerator, and connect the sewer line, freshwater line, AC power, and cable. However, I cannot seem to make the Suburban DYNA-TRAIL furnace work.

Quote:
LIGHTING INSTRUCTIONS
1. To light the furnace, turn the manual valve to the OFF position and wait five (5) minutes with the blower running. (Set thermostat above actual temperature to operate blower.)
2. After five (5) minutes, set the thermostat to the OFF position.
3. Open the manual valve. (Correct operating characteristics depend on this valve being positioned fully open. Never attempt to operate with valve partially closed.)
4. Set thermostat on desired temperature.
5. Allow 15 seconds for the main burner to light.
6. If the burner does not light, set thermostat on OFF and repeat steps 1 through 5.
7. After three (3) attempts with no ignition, go to shutdown and determine cause.
NOTE: Do not continue to cycle furnace through thermostat in an attempt to
get ignition.

The blower motor is not coming on, the pilot is not lit, the electric pilot is not clicking...NOTHING happens. I found the 12 volt fuse in the electric panel and it is fine. I have futilely searched all over the motor home looking for hidden electrical switch to operate the furnace. Additionally, I have scoured Google for answers without result. I suppose I could contact the previous owner, but I hate to keep bugging him. Does anybody know anything about this? Is there a hidden switch somewhere?
Extra Class Amateur (Ham) Radio Operator, VE, SKYWARN Storm Spotter, ARES Volunteer, TSA Security Officer, Full-time RV dweller (Amarillo TX for now), webmaster www.PanhandleARES.org, Married to ke5zru!

KE5ZRT is offline   Reply With Quote