View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 03:54 PM   #3
Mr. Ham

That is the sign of a person that is not an operator.

How many times have you visited a HF net where the net manager seemed to be the greatest HF operator in the world - because he / she had chatted with each and every one of these jokers on a regular basis, but yet when they tried to copy your call sign to include you in the net - they got it all mixed up and had to ask you to repeat it a half dozen times before they got it right?

This taught me a important lesson about nets and net control stations and morons that participates in nets.

When a person contests - they have to copy the call sign right and they have to make the exchange. Yes it is important to give a true signal strength and yes it is bull chit for them to hack the contest by giving everyone a 599.
I think that those people should be penalized 100 points per every call sign they get right, yet fail to neglect to enter the true signal report.

I myself don't like contests.
I don't even like the Nittany Amateur Radio Club.
But I do believe in keeping in shape and in practice of being able to take and send traffic and being able to log call signs is a good way to practice good amateur radio practice.

So I guess I am not like the norm - the other 99% that are afraid of calling CQ on my own, or making contacts to people with whom I have never spoke before.

If you don't want to participate - no one is twisting your arm N3LYT..

I myself cannot see the point of sitting here for 24 hours, trying to make a million points, just to win a contest that doesn't mean anything.
And I could never use my amplifiers due to incompatibility with the new HP computer in the shack..
And, I don't have a big beam antenna, or a ultra expensive contest grade rig.

The Kenwood 990 has been lent to another ham for now, trying to get more people interested in the hobby. The 590 does not have dual receive.
Mr. Ham is offline   Reply With Quote