View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 06:17 PM   #6
N3LYT

It's OK Carl I'm very thick skinned. I'm no contester but I'm on every night and often during the day anything from 6 meter AM to DX to 60 meters now that's a good band for Mr. Ham playing field is level every one is a 100 watts ERP! How about it Mr. Ham you do events with your ham radios bike races charity walks etc. for the public good? You support your local club go to meetings? Perhaps you go up the mountain after driving from another state in a snow cat to tinker the local clubs repeater in the dead of winter. Maybe you built the last repeater for the club from an old state police radio. Do you help the local guy that wants to get into ham radio show them the ropes help them pass their tests? Own any test gear? ECARS, WCARS join in any emergency nets? I am not alone there are tens of thousands of dedicated hams out there giving their time and energy for the ham community. I proudly display my call sign in the back window of my truck hoping someone might come along and ask me about ham radio. How about you?
N3LYT is offline   Reply With Quote