Thread: Kg6wou
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 12:29 PM   #7
Manual Garcia O'Kely

Thanks.

Well, I'm going to put an NMO mount in the center of the roof for 2m/70cm, then there are two feedthru fittings, one on each side for HF, but there's no room inside to mount an HF rig so I'll be setting up on the folding tables that attach to the trailer, and using my Buddipole antenna.

Our plans won't firm up until sometime around June 1

I'm considering mobile options HF and am thinking about a Hamstick on the car, going to take a run over to HRO to check 'em out. I have an FT-8900 in the car already.

The trailer is minimal, but last time we did two weeks with a tent and were perfectly happy - I wanted to reduce camp set-up and tear down time, plus sleeping on a 3" foam pad no longer suffices for me to get a complete nights sleep. In addition to the trailer, there is a side shelter than can be added on, and we will have an easy-up type shelter to cover the kitchen. The trailer has a piped in propane two burner stove. And A/C.

Hoping to put a solar panel on the roof to keep the internal 72 amp/hour battery topped off when we are not moving - anyone know anything about how to do that job?
Manual Garcia O'Kely is offline   Reply With Quote