View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 12:41 PM   #19
N4MU Papi

Default And the winner is...

Gentlemen: Thank you for all of your insights! I appreciate the info and your likes/dislikes. What I will be doing will be the Yaesu FT-450D and the Yaesu ATAS-120 tunable antenna. Reasons: I will not be using the radio while in motion (only inside the RV or sitting out under the awning with a tall cool one, I prefer the larger readout and, to me at least, the layout is pretty straightforward and I have no problem with it, and, I did not want to go with a detatchable front type radio. I like the fact that you can auto-tune the antenna without a separate control cable mostly. The antenna will be mounted behind the cab, high, on the front part of the truck bed on the F-350 and parked in close proximity for either operating location. Also plan on getting a 2nd power supply "for outdoors" so I don't have to lug the "inside" supply around. It will be a little while...got to sell my band saw first...you know the drill. Thanks again for your helpful suggestions...it did make a difference! 73, Bill

“I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way.” - Carl Sagan
N4MU Papi is offline   Reply With Quote