View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 10:57 AM   #39
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Two suggestions:
First is basically a sign holder, This is a frame you drop a cardboard (NO not corrorgated paper but genuine cardboard, like 60 weight paper) sign into.. Laminate the sign.

Second an "Led Array" basically some large 7 segment lights.. (NOTE many ways this can be done.. and thanks for inspiring me to think of some) LED on it says 146.52, OFF it says ..888.88 (or nothign at all)

note, by use of the proper switch array you can "Dial in" other frequencies as well.

How to make.. Method one

I have a 5 meter strip of LED's next to me just now I got for as I recall 20 bucks. Might have been less. From Amazon. Cut into strips and solder on jumpers, Attach to a wood or metal back sheet (these are not waterproof) and cover with polyurethane varnish to water proof/seal. Then drop behind the glass.. NOTE; you need to "Simulate" the strips for the non-active segments (I think Fiberglass tape may work here, a couple layers).

Feed it power when needed.

Method 2: Glass front. "Mask" behind it (black painted wood or steel) with 146.52 cutout

Light (Single) behind that.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote