View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 01:23 AM   #1
One Country Boy

Default NEW ORR Echolink Net - January 3, 2011 @ 7PM CT/8PM ET

I realize this is quick notice and we probably will not get a lot of takers on our first time out but plans are to resume the old ORR Echolink Net that was started by W4RAA in times past.

I'll be calling the net tomorrow evening so please connect to my call, W4EWA (Node no. 425028). The net will begin at 1900 hours, Central Time/2000 hours Eastern. I'll let you guys out on the West Coast and in the Mountain Zone compute your times.

Please pass the word around and gather as many as we can. I know a poll was conducted and the higher vote was for an HF Net and I'm more than willing to participate in an HF net. It's just very difficult in my opinion to get us all together on HF. Some of us too far apart, some too close. I do wish someone would proceed with that idea, the HF net, I think it would be great fun and probably spark a lot of interest and cause the forum to also grow.

If by some chance, I do not make the net on time, Chris, KE5ZRT is my backup, so look for his call to connect to. I doubt it will happen, but Andy, N1ORK is Chris' backup, in that order.

Hope to over load the circuits guys. We will be looking for you all.

NOTE: One hour prior to this net, you are more than welcome to check into our local two-meter net. KE5ZRT has been checking in with us and everyone really enjoys having Chris visit. You can connect to our local reapeater and talk to all our club members on that net by connecting to W4WEB-R. We would love to have you visit with us here on the Gulf Coast.

Jim