Thread: Your Rig is???
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #12
Dizzy-Dick

Back in the early 70's I built a HW-101, which I still use as a base station. When I had a travel trailer, I had UHF and VHF radios I used alnong with an Atless 210 HF rig.

Well today, I went to the Ham store and since it is quite a little drive, I took my wife with me. I wanted to purchase antenna mounts and cable for mounting to my recently acquired motorhome. I was almost ready to give up and mount all the antennae on the toad and run cable into the MH. That is why I was looking for marine mounts or anything that I could use.

My wife asked me if I needed a new radio. When I told the dealer what I was using, he said they were older than he was. My wife suggested that I get a new radio for my upcoming birthday (02-14). I almost called an ambulance, thought that she was sick (grin). Wellllll, I brought home an Icom IC-706 MKIIG, an automatic antenna tuner, and lots of mounts, cable, and hardware. How was that for a surprise?

Now, if only I can find the time to get things installed and up and running. Don't know if I can use those new modern gadgets (grin). I am now reading the book.

Happy camping and 73's
Dizzy-Dick is offline   Reply With Quote