Thread: Hurricane Ike
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 08:09 AM   #10
One Country Boy

Hi Leeman,

I don't think we've met. Nice to meet you. I don't wish Ike on anyone either, be we don't want him. This has been an active season so far. One of the computer models shows him coming in over the St. Joseph Peninsula in the Florida panhandle, that's the one close to me. That is only one model out of a lot of others. Maybe it won't happen.

I just this morning received an e-mail from an old high school friend in Montgomery, AL. Their church put up about 100 evacuees from Gustav. He said the last ones had just left. Hate to see those folks get back home and have to evacuate again. The biggest fear is, since Gustav was not as bad as thought, many of the people will not evacuate again. Especially the New Orleans area.

The call, W5OLM seems familiar. Do I hear you checking into any nets on 75 meters Leeman ?

BTW, anyone heard from Ken, W7WV ? He was very active on here from AZ. Their house was about to close and they were going "full timing". Have not seen him on ORR or another forum I glance at occassionally. Yep, I'm a two-timing sun-of-a-gun. Hi Hi... Anyway, wondered what happened to him, nice guy.

I better get busy and put up the latest on Ike. Wade will dock my pay. Hi..

Everyone have a great day.