View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #1
One Country Boy

Default Upcoming Trip for us

The wife and I have been talking and we're ready to go again. We're going to wait and see what Tropical Storm Beryle is going to do and most likely head down to Old Town, Florida. Actually about 9 miles south of Old Town, to Yellow Jacket RV Resort, on the Suwannee River. We've been there several times before and it's a nice place to kick back and relax. It's about a four hour drive from home.

The campground is 9 miles from Old Town. If you're familiar with Old Town, there's not much there. A couple of gas stations, a barber shop and a couple of sandwich shops. The closest Walmart is 22 miles from the campgrounds, down at Chiefland. You need to take what you need.

Since it's only 4 hours, we are considering taking our boat also. Instead of pulling the Jeep behind the motorhome, I'll pull the boat and the wife can follow me in the Jeep. Everytime we've been down there we've wanted to explore the river. We are told there are many springs along the river that are beautiful and very clear. Most are only accessible by boat. It might be a lot of fun. Other then boat riding, it's a good place to kick back, read and do some outdoor cooking experimentation. Almost the entire campground is covered by a canopy of large water oaks. If we head that way, I'll try to get plenty of photos. The best I remember they have very good wifi, only a few local TV channels and you have to walk down by the river to be able to use the cell phones.

Anyone wish to tag along?