View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 08:22 AM   #4
One Country Boy

Yes Mark, I was in and out Saturday, all during the day. Had a good time working 40 meters mostly. I tried all the bands but had the most success on 40. I didn't work any CW, it was all SSB. I logged only about 30 contacts but had a good time with it.

What really made my day was the fact almost every contact told me I was a new county for them. There are not many hams here and the hams that are here are not very active. The active ones seldom would participate in the QSO Party. Good guys just not their interest. Normally a friend from Panama City (NF4A) comes through here mobile to make contacts and travels on to some of the other rare counties. I did here him in the evening down around Dixie County. Charlie is a big contest ham op, we've known each other since we were kids. He travels abroad a couple of times a year to do contest work. He's an engineer for Clear Channel Radio.

I don't know what the multipliers were. I heard several stations thanking others for multipliers. I know amout of power, power source, etc all have to do with the op's points or class.

While on 20 meters I did hear some DX out of the middle east. This was during the middle of the day. Everything seemed dead except for that signal and maybe one or two others. I can't remember which country it was. I wrote down the call and looked it up.

Had a great time with my few contacts.

Jim