Thread: New to Ham
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 05:11 AM   #20
One Country Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KF5BET View Post
That's great Dan:

I was just looking at ordering the arrl general book this afternoon. Good for you.

I don't think I will have much time this month to do much studying. We are trying to get my mother in laws house ready to sell (she passed away a couple of months ago). We are having to do some general cleanup and some minor repairs so we can put it on the market.

Hopefully I can get back to the hobby soon.

Galen

Glad to see you are ready to upgrade Galen. You will not regret it. There are some fine links on the internet to assist you in your studies.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mom-in-law. I don't envy you with the house preperations. My mother passed away about two years ago. We sold her home not long ago. We didn't want to rent it while it was for sale due to problems attempting to show it to prospective buyers and those type issues. They sure deteriorate rapidly if no one resides in them. The housing market here in Florida has been such a mess. It was a 3 bedroom home, very nice with 1.25 acres of chainlinked property and large oak trees. My sister and I finally reduced the price to sell it before we had to put some major work into it. Good luck with it and like I said, I sure don't envy you.

Jim