View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 04:12 PM   #1
Radio
Administrator

Default Radio goes shopping: "Tickless" alarm clock and storage bins.

Did a little browsing on Amazon.

Came up with two deals I really liked.

One was this nifty "no-tick" (no fleas either ) alarm clock. It is ideal for the RV. I honestly didn't know there was a battery powered clock that didn't make an annoying ticking sound. Wow.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1. It runs on batteries. No cord!
2. It doesn't light up until you ask it to. Then shuts the nice soft light off after a few seconds. No red numbers to keep you up. And the face is big enough for nearsighted eyes to see.
3. The alarm has a volume control and selects from 6 neat sounds/songs and an ordinary beep, none of which are jarring to the soul as an industrial fire alarm.
4. And best of all, it runs silently. It makes NO ticking sound. No sound at all.

This is its best feature. A ticking clock at home is one thing. But in a state park campground, in the silence of nature, what starts out as a ticking begins to sound like someone banging two hubcaps together. Now why take an alarm clock camping? To the the lunar eclipse, the sunrise, meteor shower... and maybe leave early enough to beat the rush to the dump station and tow in the cool of the morning.

That, and I have the annoying habit of wanting to know how much longer I can possibly stay in bed...

And then there are these nifty organizer bins.

They come 6 to a pack for $17.99

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Five of these fit in that under-utilized space under the foot of the bed. (And I'm absolutely certain I am the last on the planet to figure out these folding bins will go under there ) They are about 11 in square. They will collapse into a space 11 x 11 x 6 for storage and weigh practically nothing. And having priced these little bins, these are pretty cheap. And don't clash with the interior of the camper.

I was going to spend a lot of money and build a cabinet with drawers. Nope. Not now.

Now this is a really big deal for us. Sweet Wife usually packs all her stuff up in the laundry basket and hauls it out to the camper at the last minute. And then lives out of the laundry basket the entire trip! Drives me nuts! She likes these little bins way better than the laundry basket. They can be packed at the last minute and shoved under the bed, out of sight and out of the way.

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote