View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
KB5LJE

Default The MRimmer Update - NOT A GOOD ONE

Several close friends thought I should make my siituation public so here it goes.

Man what a year, June 30 lose job then start a GREAT career on Sept 3 we get to relocate to a wonderfull place we truly love, Wife gets to retire from her job and we sold the house in Southaven then it goes down hill again.

From July to date I have lost just over 30 pounds and after living in the camper (2 months) during the move I thought it was just not eating right and stress trying to get things done for work/move/and all that. I felt good and no signs that something was wrong.

Glennette moved down 1 month ago today with all we own and that weekend I got VERY sick. I actually got the worst on the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Well Tuesday 12/16/2008 I was diagnosed with Rectal Cancer. Doc says this has been in my system for about 1 and 1/2 years and surgery MUST happen. My tumor is in the worst possible place for surgery at this time and I will start chemo and radiation next Tuesday in hopes to shrink the tumor to a point he can perform a successful surgey that will allow me to lead a normal life down the road.

Many have asked about my spirit and I can simply say at first this was a HUGH SHOCK.

THIS WILL NOT GET ME DOWN!!!! I WILL WIN!!!!

Glennette and I do ask to be added to prayer list as we know we will have some bad days ahead but friends, willpower and most of all the lord will guide us down this rough road.

Mike
KB5LJE is offline   Reply With Quote