View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
_L7

Default HF antenna for RVs

I have been playing with different antenna ideas for the MH for awhile. Nothing seems to work great, aside from putting a dipole up once you arrive at the campground. The dipole is usually not real easy and may not be feasible at some campgrounds.

I recently purchased a Zero Five 43' vertical (10-160) for my home QTH. It is the best vertical I have ever used. I am very happy with it.

The other day I was in QSO with a gentleman from Texas and the subject of RVing came up (yes, I suggested he join this forum). We discussed RVs and then RV antennas. While talking about antennas he mentioned that Tom from Zero Five antennas was making him a custom fold over vertical for his RV. I stated that there was nothing on his web site about mobile or RV antennas. The guy says that Tom is going to make this one custom and see how it works before trying to sell any.

I will be watching this closely because if the antenna is viable both in mounting and useage for an RV (and works as well as his vertical I have) then I will probably just have to get one!

I posted this since there has already been some discussion about RV antennas on this forum. The down side to this particular antenna as it was described to me is that it will have to be folded down while traveling (30+ feet long).

If anyone wants to take a look at the Zero Five website....here it is....

http://www.zerofive-antennas.com/

Ed
N6LZR
For everything else - WORK

Home - Yaesu FT847 / ID-800 / 80M Inv. V
Zero Five 43' HF vertical
Tower and Beams - Some Day
Local - 2m, 440, and 1.2 Rpts
Echolink - N6LZR-R (Linked to 1.2 Rpt )
IRLP - Coming soon
DStar Rpts - Coming soon
QSL via EQSL.cc