View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 12:07 PM   #6
N5IIG

Richard, originally I had a stray RF problem in the coach running my HF gear on direct DC voltage. I was getting into my TV amplifier when watching what I call local TV on batwing antenna, and I was periodically bothering my slides. They would try to activate and come in. Not good. It was suggested by a friend that I use a power supply plugged into my coach AC plug. I did this and all of my stray RF stopped and I have not had a problem since. My antenna mount is a mirror type mount on top of my ladder with a quick disconnect for my hamsticks, hustlers or my long wire.

I know of some people that use the artifical ground from MFJ, but i is in their stick house, not RV. It has solved all of their problems in their homes. Hope I have been of some help to you and good luck. Stray RF is the pits - I know. Take care and travel safe.................Jim
2005 Damon Challenger 36' Class A Coach pushed by 2000 Tacoma TRD 4WD, ICOM Mk IIG portable, Ham Sticks or Long Wire. Base - ICOM 756 Pro II, 80, 40 Mtr Dipoles and 5 band beam, Ameritron 811H. Portable Hughesnet when possible. Retired USAF 1979.
N5IIG is offline   Reply With Quote