Thread: Losing keys
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 01:16 AM   #6
W7JZE
RV in 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by NN5I View Post
Does that mean that, if you lose a set, you have to break into the camper 'cuz it's locked to protect the keys?
1980 I was in my first electronics outside sales job calling on accounts in Sacramento, CA. It is HOT there in the summer and not uncommon back then for sales dudes to leave their car running while they went into make a short account call.

I had three sets of keys. Regular key ring for the car and house keys. A spare set in my brief case. And a third, hard plastic "credit card" set for the car (Remember them?) that I kept in my wallet with my credit cards.

I had to drop some catalogs at GE Medical so I flashed my ID at the guard gate (Drivers License), rolled to the front door, grabbed the catalogs out of the trunk and left the car running while I dropped the literature with the engineer.

Back at my car I grabbed my back pocket for my wallet and realized I had thrown it on the passenger seat after showing my drivers license to the guard. The brief case was in the back seat because I couldn't carry it and the catalogs into the engineer at the same time. And the car was running with the third set.

Triple redundancy fail .

I think AAA "slim jimmed" me in an hour later. I don't remember that part.

Bill - W7JZE
"Dar" - XYL
(And our little Bichon Frisé "Sparkle")
W7JZE is offline   Reply With Quote