View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 10:07 PM   #10
Vette Racer

What the original poster said is very true althrough I find it hard to believe that a "extra" person didn't know any better than that but its possible. I am one of those no code generals and proud of it. No, I don't know everything but I do enjoy using the privilege that the license gives me to learn the different aspects of ham radio and I do learn, everyday. I was involved in Crypto in the military and I really think that the tests do need to change to respect the fact that we do not build, repair, and troubleshoot most of our equipment nowadays. We instead need to learn more about dealing with the antenna systems, the digital side, and stuff like that.

I do find that Ham radio is a disappointment in that I thought that things were restricted as far as language and such and found that to not be true. I really get disgusted with things like that that seem to go on all the time on 75-80 and some on 40. I find that the best operating people are found on 2 meters, I guess its because they are new, have read and just passed their tests and therefore know what they should and shouldn't do. The problem seems to be with the old timers that feel they have the right to speak/cuss
as they want to. Anyway, just my outlook as one of those no code generals.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote