View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #17
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD8QBQ View Post
OK, wondering, what's RV-Solution???? is it

JIM

Alas, no, it's a wash & wax in one product like Dri Wash & Guard or any of a dozen "one step" wash/waxes from your friendly neighbor auto store.

There is a difference between the two products mentioned by name though, Dri Wash & Guard is a concentrate, you mix with water before you use it

Solution you use straight out of the bottle

Both work about the same,,, I like Dri Wash & Guard slightly better but do not have any just now and can't afford to buy any at the moment since I blew another tire on the car (Well, you are supposed to replace them in pairs) Did have enough left over to ALMOST fill the RV's fuel tank though,, that's nice.

Oh, in other news.. Last year when I de-winterized I found that the fall before when I winterized it appears I burned out the solenoid on the ice maker for the fridge (DANG) Local parts place wanted (hold on to your shorts) $140.00 for that part.> Camping world was over 120 (Last time I got one at CW it was 12.0, note the point) so finally I went on line.. The "Buy It Now" store had two different versions for fifteen bucks plus S&H, about 22.5 total.

The one I ordered was an Amana

Now,, there are really only 4 solenoids, (There are a couple of dozen different mounting brackets but only 4 solenoids)

Two are Single Stage and the other two have a second chamber, I suspect a pressure regulator so that if the line pressure changes they still make the same size cubes.. The AMANA is one of these (The OEM is not and let me ask, what type of fridge is most likely to encounter major changes in water pressure... Why an RV fridge of course)

The other "Times 2" is the inlet, it's either a quarter inch compression fitting or a 3/4" Garden hose, the Amana (AND the OEM) are both quarter inch

But even if it was not then the 3/4 inch type come with the necessary adapter already in the box.

Well,,, Had to change one bracket (Included with the solenoid) and re-drill one hole.

And now it makes ice

I have also made a couple of electrical changes so that last night when I was boondocking I push a button (Manually select GAS as power source for fridge) and then double tap a switch to feed Inverter power to it and it made ice all night!!!!!.

On this issue the word HAPPY!!! clearly applies.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote