Thread: New radio
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 08:13 AM   #11
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

One word about that DB9-USB cable.. Most of them don't work

I have 3 (Well actually 4 but one died)
One uses the Prolific chip set: It does not work, will not read, will not write, will control PTT using RTS/DTS

One Belkin.. Works partially... Works with YP-log to read the frequency and also works to control PTT as above but unlike the Prolific chip set it defaults to TRANSMIT when first hooked up.

One RTS-3 from RT-Engineering or RT-Enterprise (Make programming software for Yesau FT-51 R) Works, period, 100% with all software and radios I have.

NOTE: I have tested the Prolific and Belkin on several different devices and with several different programs.. (Same for the RTS-3) only the RTS-3 worked with everythign.

There are a few hunderd I have not tested and I'm sure at least a dozen of them work too. (others have tested them) but I'd beware Prolific chip sets.

If that one you bought off the net is a Prolific.. contact me.. i'd like to replace the one that broke,, it was my PTT controller.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote