View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
WD8QBQ

Wink

First I said, I'm sorry to hear that and then what did you hear, was it clear or garbled.
Remember he said it was around 8 pm and I was thinking at that moment I was totally in the clear, but remembering I had been on the air a couple times at that time a week earlier I offered a test transmission to see if it really were me. He declined and said it did not bother him and he actually thought it was funny (go figure) what he thought was really funny was that the unit wasn't even turned on.
I further asked if he wanted me to come over and see if there was anything about his equipment that might be enabling the interference and he said no, he didn't want me in his rv. I did find out his speakers that were wired were connected with lamp cord and not twisted pair wire and that some were wireless.
We will be leaving in a couple weeks so I don't transmit during prime viewing and he still insists it is not something to worry about ( we still make daily friendly small talk outside).
Funny thing or maybe the lucky thing is no one else in the park says anything, nor any other park.
Personally I think he has inferior equipment that is picking transmitting RF off of the antenna, you know the power out and not stray RF. Good thing I didn't hook up the Ameritron yet, gee what do I have to look forward to.

JIM
WD8QBQ is offline   Reply With Quote