Thread: QRZ.COM Forum
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 08:35 PM   #15
One Country Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
However many evenings I've opened the pre-net, set up conservations with others on 3935 only to have some one start up a qso say 1KC away, causing all manner of QRM and when one of us did the DELTA TUNE bit to listen to what they were saying the jerks were complaining about us.. AND WE WERE THERE FIRST!.

Save for priority/emergency nets. 1st come 1st serve is the rule of the bands
Yes, that's 75 meters. Same thing has happened on 3950 where the two nets I check into are located. Then you get the intentional carrier thrown when trying to communicate. Some op's ask them to move then get upset about it. I've found the best thing to do is ignore the situation. The ones creating the problem thrive on upsetting as many as possible. This just feeds them and causes them to return. Someone will relay most of the time if necessary. Having been ignored they normally give up and move on. Don't misunderstand, I certainly do not agree with purposely interfereing but I think it best to ignore it when possible.

3950 is normally occupied prior to our morning traffic net by some guys in Texas. They turn the frequency over to us and a net in Oklahoma. The two nets can generally operate on the same frequency without interferring with each other. Prior to the evening net, the frequency is usually occupied by a group from South Carolina to Central Florida. They likewise turn the frequency over and return after the net. Very few problems of recently. I don't do any contesting to speak of. There's a place for all of us. Sometimes we just have to bite our tounges or hold our own.

I recall when there was a group on 3898 that caused a lot of problems in the evenings. They enjoyed baiting folks and then giving them a hard time. They used some very colorful language. I wondered for several years how they got away with their actions. It took several years but the FCC finally took action against some of them.

When I received my ticket in the late 60's, hams respected each other and you never heard any foul language. Boy, have those times changed !!! I wish it were still the same but that will never happen. Ham radio isn't the ONLY thing that has changed in that period of time. I know all of you see it too. I really liked what "The Donald" said last week in discussing the Miss California contraversy. His words were (as I recall), "afterall, it is the 21st Century." Yeah, right ! What an excuse.