View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 07:02 PM   #13
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

I do not know.. I'm guessing the phone nearest the mic and the body nearest the mic was Abby

I have 2 (I think) or 3 cell phones here.. (I may have shipped one of them back to the phone recyclers) one is an el-cheapo,, Paid fifteen bucks for it at walgreens, does not even have a web browser but it can text.

The other is a Galasy S-III

BOTH of them will get into the audio lines when they handshake. Hear them clear as a bell UNLESS (Applies to the S-III only) they are the audio source.

Not so sure then,, but when my wife was alive and I was driving the house (motor home) I listened to Channel 19 with an earpiece so she would not be subjected to trucker speak... I could hear it in the earpiece if the lead was too close to the S-III... and if I was playing Mini-Discs (I have a few hundred hours of mostly live recordings) That lead too would pick it up and feed it to the dash audio system. Have heard it on some other systems too.

It is a very high freqauency (UHF or better) signal and at close range goes through the shields on audio cables like a hot knife through warm butter.

But that is how I know the sound... So, next time, Move the cells at least 3 feet from the audio cables.

And happy hamming. Oh.. I'm watching the REST of the show as I type this.. (Bob showing off his carbon pile telephone microphone)
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote