Thread: Knee replacment
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
One Country Boy

My GOSH John... I hate to hear that. Staff infections as I recall used to be rare. It's not at all unusual these days to hear of a friend or family member that has had some type surgery having to return to the hospital due to these type complications.

An old high school friend here had continuous problems after a surgery. She was mis-diagnosed a few times. They would treat her for something and then later decide, no, that's not the problem and try other things. She spent several weeks at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, came out of there and was doing really well and improving. She returned home and a few weeks later went downhill in a hurry, passing away within only a few days. I spoke with some of the family members later and found that several of them suspected her death was caused from a lingering and re-occuring infection from her original surgery, although Mayo Clinic and other physicians strongly denied this as the cause. So many of these infections today are fast growing and as you say manifest themselves in other areas of the body where they are not discovered. I know I don't have to say this either, but many of these bacterias and infections have become highly resistant to our traditional antibiotics.

The very best of luck to you and your wife. You will be in our thoughts.