View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 11:49 AM   #1
Paul Stewart

Default Bolt and radio usage

I check this blog about once a week. I am always disappointed to find no new posts. I am similarly disappointed that the local uhf/vhf repeaters are so quiet. When at my usual location in Chico, CA, there is little activity and I thought that was just here. But I have recently traveled a bit and found little activity in other locations.

While on the road I monitor 126.52 and 446.000 the national calling frequencies and even if identify myself there is little if any activity.

I would like to encourage ALL of us to be more active on the frequencites and ESPECIALLY when traveling. We have sizeable investments in equipment and education and we must stay current with operating. I know push to talk in pretty simple but actively interacting together builds better communications, thus making every ham and everyone else safer and better served.

That is my rant. So please, nation wide use your local repeaters and the calling frequencies, identify that you are monitoring, converse with other hams and make our hobby stronger and our highways safer.

P.S. please get more active on the blog. Those of you gainfully employed are limited more than us old retired people but just simple short comments can inspire discussion. Some of the discussions may inspire you, me and someone else to get involved and may regenerate ideas we left behind that just need a little nudge get something to happen.

Thanks for listening.

KE0TFX
Paul Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote