View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 06:17 PM   #1
Radio
Administrator

Default Christmas Weather in Atlanta

They let us go early from work yesterday, Christmas Eve.

The thermometer in the truck said 72F when I arrived in the parking lot Christmas Eve at 5:30 am. The weather forecast was for strong rainstorms. Two hours later the busiest airport in the world was closed.

And very dark. I felt sorry for the crew of a FedEx MD-11. They tried to make it out before the rain came but they didn't make it. They sat on the taxiway for more that an hour while the storm blew over. It rained so hard the giant aircraft disappeared in the darkness. The sun is actually up at this time, about 7:30 am, but it is night time dark out there.

Since it was Christmas Eve, and not because of the weather, they let us in the back shops and some other positions go home early, about 11:30. The storms were still coming through, all roads were covered in water, some flooded and some washed away. It took about an hour and a half to travel 18 miles home.

When I got home I sucked water out of the basement. Then changed clothes into shorts and t-shirt to go the store and get more tape to wrap presents. Ran the air conditioner to get the humidity down in the house.

Shorts, T-shirts, air conditioning and floods the day before Christmas. The only thing normal about it was running out of tape.

And a friend found this and stuck it up on FB...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12373359_1266301970063571_2954191510976309351_n.jpg (101.6 KB, 14 views)

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote