View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 01:29 PM   #1
electricflyer

Default Where is my truck jack?

Well, returning from a VE session where we tested three 11 year olds (one got his tech by the way), I hit something on the road, never saw what it was but gave me in immediate flat tire. I wasn't in a place to pull off so I had to drive about 2 miles to a spot in front of a closed business.

Called Good Sam road service and after talking to some lady that knew nothing about trucks, and having English as a third language I was able to get a service guy to come change it for me. I was lucky, he got there in less than 30 minutes.

I have a 2011 F-150 crew cab. While waiting I figured I have better get the tool to lower the spare from under the truck since he most likely will not have one. Where is the jack? I searched everywhere, under the hood where many trucks have it stored. Under the seats? Aaaha, could it be here?

No this is a tray under the rear seat where a set of jumper cables are stored, but wait it will lift out (with a little persuasion). But wait, what is that black thing?

It has a strap on it so I pull on the strap, won't move. Why? I find 2 bolts pushing down on it. After removing them I was then was able to pull it out, again there was about a 32nd of an inch clearance to get it out of the hole. There it was, a box of items so neatly packed you had better take a photo of it before you remove anything because it will not go back in the same way.

I think Ford hired some retired drug smugglers to find a way to hide the jack tools so no one will find them in an emergency. I could have looked in the manual that came with the truck but that would have been the easy way out. Inside the box with the jack was a info decal that told you were the location of the jack was, kind of like opening a candy Easter egg and getting a surprise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010004.jpg (71.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1010002.jpg (73.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1010001.jpg (101.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1010003.jpg (50.3 KB, 0 views)
2014 Palomino Puma 25RL - TV 2011 F-150 SuperCrew 5.0
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote