View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
KE5ZRT
Super Swell Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to KE5ZRT
Default 1950s Model Flxible

Look at what I found here in Amarillo! Terra and I were driving around and running a local 2 meter net, just cruising and we stumbled upon this. I knocked on the door of the house near the bus, and the old fellow that answered said it wasn't his, he was just holding it for a friend--sure, that's what they all say! Anyhow, he said several folks had asked about the bus over the years but everyone lost interest when the owner lady quoted a price. He couldn't remember the price she had quoted before, so I left a business card. We'll see what the result is.

The bus is rough, and has not been converted. I don't know if I want to take on the project or not but this is exactly the make and model that Terra and I have been excited about. We had been considering purchasing a converted Flxible, and our goal was to purchase one in about two years. It would probably be much cheaper to play Bob Villa for ourselves though. I am real curious to see what the asking price is.

Extra Class Amateur (Ham) Radio Operator, VE, SKYWARN Storm Spotter, ARES Volunteer, TSA Security Officer, Full-time RV dweller (Amarillo TX for now), webmaster www.PanhandleARES.org, Married to ke5zru!

KE5ZRT is offline   Reply With Quote