View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #20
One Country Boy

Thank you Dan, I appreciate it. In the process right now of loading some clothes and other neccessities for our first trip. We will head over toward Pensacola tomorrow and stay there for a couple of nights. I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon Wednesday morning and it will save us from having to get up so early and a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive. When I get done there I dunno where we will go. I'll let the wife decide. It probably will not be very far for our first outing. We will probably be home by the end of the weekend.

The ONLY thing I regret is not having all my ham gear already mounted and onboard. It will take a little time, but I'll get there. Hi Hi... I will stick the HF rig in the bottom of the closet, just incase I get a chance to mount a Ham Stick. I'll take the new handheld, one of the 2 meter rigs and a mag-mount antenna. That should get me through my withdrawals. Hi Hi... I need to get the programming software installed on the laptop also. I'm glad I reminded myself of that.