View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 04:33 AM   #3
WD8QBQ

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5DOK View Post
This miserable economy has worn just about everyone down. Folks are still travelling but they tend to stay longer in one place rather than move around. I just got back from a 2 1/2 month trip to Colorado. Most of the folks in the park stayed at least 2 weeks longer and most had plans to go South and stay put for the winter rather than travel to other places. All said they were not spending any more money than necessary. Not many happy campers. On the plus side, there were 2 other hams in the park. The park owners were pretty lenient about antennas, so there were some pretty odd contraptions hanging around.
I'm going to be at the home QTH for a couple of months and then on to the Gulf Coast for the winter. Like everyone else, I'm hoarding my pennies. My MH holds 125 gallons of diesel and at 4 bucks a gallon, I don't want to go any further than I have to. The general feeling among the retired set is that this economy won't get better until after the 2012 elections.
Doc
My sentiments exactly, heading for Panama City on Monday and will stay there until I get tired of the place.

I don't think the economy will get better in my lifetime, I'm 70.

JIM
WD8QBQ is offline   Reply With Quote