View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 08:16 PM   #30
Manual Garcia O'Kely

Default Man I hate rain

We are in Portland, OR today. We had a bit of an issue with water the other night - that is, our trailer turned our to be a bit less waterproof than we had hoped/planned.

According to the factory, leaks are our problem, not theirs, so we are trying in the absense of a dry garage, to get some sealant into the appropriate areas to stop future leaks, but we need 3 days of bone-dry weather - which I don't really expect to see much of.

So, we bought a HUGE tarp and will go back to the blue tarp method of Alaska camping - you rig a tarp as a rainfly over your entire camp site. Might as well have saved the $$$ and used the tent if we have to do that. Except for the exellent kitchen facility.

Well, tommorrow we are going to drive up the Columbia River for a while. YL has not done that before. Unfortunately, the forecast is for rain, and snow about 4,000 feet. This IS June, right?

Not much radio, I did get to talk to an interesting guy when we were freshly out of town - turns out he's the owner of one of my favorite companies and I've been invited to visit after we return. Should be fun.

More reports will be forthcoming. No interesting photos yet.
Manual Garcia O'Kely is offline   Reply With Quote