View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 12:23 AM   #9
W7JZE
RV in 2016

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8CXX View Post
Bill,
Welcome to the site and RVing. Good luck with you search and ulitmate decision on antennas.

I previously owned a small antenna farm (5/5 on 10, 5/5 on 15m, 4/4 on 20m, 2E on 40m and a steerable 1/4w verticals on 80m) and going to a Tar Heels II screwdriver type is quite humbling.
Hi John,

Thank you also for the nice welcome .

I've never had the real estate for an aluminum farm at the same time I was licensed. Bummer! Not sure that I'll have the opportunity going forward for that either. Retirement plans currently revolve around moving back into a big rental property we have in the Phoenix area then RVing north during the 4 or 5 hot months. Even though the house is on a large city lot (1/3rd acre), it is in a subdivision tightly controlled by HOA-CCRs.

I use a lil' Tarheel II now in my Towncar with an ICOM 7000. Seems to work OK, especially for the size and band flexibility convenience it offers.

I imagine the difference between that and your large ANT farm though would be, ahhhh... staggering!

PS: Any chance to tow a big ole' Towncar behind a large RV? I should probably go search and/or start a thread on that topic in a more appropriate area.

Thanks again for the friendly "hello", John.

Bill - W7JZE
W7JZE is offline   Reply With Quote