View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 08:08 AM   #4
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

There are 3 ways and I"ve used all 3.

IF you absolutely MUST have internet access as in your life (Professional or personal) depends then 2-way Satellite internet may be the answer.. There are still some companies that can deliver that, Expensive to set up and fairly expensive to run every month, there are all sorts of down sides (Low speed, limited bandwith, long lag times (Ping time) but it works... Winegard.Bill in the Affinity group forums can point you to a dealer yet I think.. he used to be one.

Cellular Internet (Via your Cell phone or a My-Fi device) covers nearly all the nation, howver you may need more than one account.. I have T-Moblie and used to use Virgin-Mobile (Sprint) I do not care for Verizon for other reasons, but Verizon has the best service.

Also fairly expensive epically if you need a lot of bandwidth, Though if you bundle it with your cell phone plan it can be as low as 10-25/month T-mobile has unlimited bandwith (Text and voice too) for under 100/month (one phone) but.. Only the first 5 to 6.5 Gig are "High speed".. and they do not have a whole lot of high speed coverage.

AT&T is making some rather grand claims just now but I have not tested

Verizon .... Well if you go over on your bandwidth.. HOLD ON TO YOUR BUDGET cause they Cha Ching ya.

Finally there is "Free Wi-Fi" within the park.. Often the park systems have limited range and bandwidth.. This was not so bad in the old days, and there are ways and devices you can use to greatly extend your range (I use one myslf) but with Neflix and the like and folks watching TV on their computers via INTERNET...... Well, the bandwidth gets eaten up very fast in many parks... Park owner here says as the weather improves and the park fills even here it will go by by.. We have 24 sites and multipe internet feeds.

Basically.. There are many companies (Of which Netflix and their competitors are major ones) Working hard to make the internet useless.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote