Thread: Bibb
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 09:22 PM   #14
NN5I
Carl, nn5i

Ah so. The population of Cincinnati is a little below 300,000. If they eat two million lb of chili a year, that's about 6.7 lb for each man, woman, child, and suckling infant. Maybe so, but forgive me for doubting. However, I don't doubt they say it.

I don't remember eating anything like what you describe. Sounds -- well -- horrid. Spaghetti sauces should not be thin. I seldom order spaghetti in restaurants, with any kind of sauce, although I often receive it as a side dish with various Italian dishes. Sometimes I even eat some of it. Mostly, when I eat spaghetti as a main dish (seldom) I eat it at home, with my own spaghetti sauce, made just the way I like it.

I actually don't remember where I ate in Cincy. Last time I was there, except when I couldn't get closer lodging for the Hamvention, was 18 years ago in 1997. In 2005 or so, several Tallahassee hams, and WI5G from Dallas, all stayed in a sort of motel just outside Cincy. It had a big communal kitchen, and KC4TOC and I, both loving to cook, made -- guess what -- spaghetti for the five or six or so hams in the party. It was delicious, with nice thick meaty and mushroomy sauce.