View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 09:31 PM   #27
lapipara

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3mp View Post
I have been using a Comet UHV-6 in my truck for a while and I also have one for the 5th wheel...for those who have no idea what the antenna is...here is my description, but you can look it up...its a base loaded vertical with resonators, but a lot smaller than hustlers....the UHV6 comes with, 2, 440, 6, 10, 15 and 40 mtrs...I also purchased the 20 mtr resonator...I use this with my LDG z-100 tuner...but I have it resonant on or near the HF freqs I like to use on the road...I also have this set up on the top rack of the 5th wheel. When I get to a campsite and if I have room I will set up my Maldol HVU-8, that gives me 2 thru 80...along with the tuner its not that bad...good luck on your choice...
I have a uhv 6 antenna. I intend to mount this to a pole attached to the frame of my firberglass 5th whee. Will that give me enough of a ground plane. Secondly how did you tune it. I put it all together adn attempted to tune it with a mfj meter. My swr readings were all over the place. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
lapipara is offline   Reply With Quote