Thread: Converter guts
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Let me put it this way Carl.. For all the reasons you cited and more. If you have a Magnetek 6300 Series converter my advice is to UPGRADE.

And based on much research it appears we both did, If you have a Progressive Dynamics converter with charge wizard either built in or plugged in (Depending on the model) there is no upgrade (Save for size), that's as good as it gets.

Congrats on an excellent choice. I have a 9180 with wizard myself, as well as a Xantrex Prosine 2.0 inverter/converter, I prefer the PDI over the Xantrex for charging. (VERY VERY close race however, Both are in the "Best there is plus a feature" group just different feature)

Of course the prosine can do the INverse job too (120ac from 12vdc) I do use it as a back up.. Every once in a while I accidentally unpulg the PDI. and usually when I figure it out it's like 3am and I really do not feel like going out to plug it back in, CLICK and the prosine does the job.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote