View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 07:41 AM   #20
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3LYT View Post
I worked for the Cumberland County PD for 15 years. I am a believer in better gun laws and the ding dongs carrying guns in stores and harassing others on the streets with their macho image does their cause no good.
I agree with everythign including and following the words "Ding Dongs".

As for what preceeds it.. Well, I guess I agree with that too, AS PHRASED but I am not sure what "Better Gun Laws" would mean.

I have seen arguments for tighter restrictions.

I have seen arguments for less restrictions.

If there we can come up with a way to insure only RESPONSIBLE people can carry guns.. That would work.

To summarize several arguments:

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.... (True) thus the average citizen will have no defense.

IN states where it is easy to obtain a carry permit and many do gun crimes tend to be reduced for the simply reason the odds of surving if you say walked into a bank and pulled your gun and announced a stick up.. Kind of low.

Fewer guns will make it harder for criminals to obtain a gun illegally.

And the final argument (This one is my own)

There exists (At every police dispatch center from coast to coast) a book which is the NCIC code manual.. IN this manual is a fairly thick section that lists every make, and model of vehicle made.. This includes cars, all sizes of trucks, Bulldozers, Crains, Construction equipment, Farm equipment, Aircraft and blimps and water crafts.. It is one of the two thickest sections in the book.

The one that is thicker:: GUN codes

And that folks...... is scary.

I choose not to carry.. It is my choice, and I rather like that it is my choice.. I have no problem with a responsible gun owner who chooses otherwise and do support his decision.. I happen to be a very good shot, and a very "Cold" shot (I do not panic easily) but .. I choose not to shoot unless the conditions are very clear.. (IE: I am having dinner with a police officer, HE gets shot by suspect and I use HIS gun to return the favor).. Trust me.. I will not miss.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote