View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
W5DOK
Old Member

Default Time to get moving

I've hung around South Texas as long as I can stand the heat and now it's time to get out of here and find some cooler climes. Temps have been near 100 every day for the past few weeks and that's just too hot for this old man. Must admit tho, it sure was nice during the winter and the fishing was great. I'll be pulling the antennas down, packing the motor home and heading for the sticks and bricks home Sunday, spend about a month getting everything in shape, and heading on to Colorado for the summer. Breaking the station down requires about 10 minutes. The Comet CHA 250B is mounted to the rear ladder on an extension pole and that only takes a few minutes to let down and put back in the box and the Icom is sitting on the work desk in front of the co-pilots seat and I just lay it on the bed when I'm on the road. Can't get no simpler than that.
Biggest pain in the butt is loading the Harley trike and the Nissan Frontier on the tow dolly and getting it hooked up behind the mh. Seems I can never get the tie down straps tight enough the first time and I have to stop every 20 or so miles for the first few hours and re-tighten everything.
If anyone is around South Fork, Co this summer, give a shout. I monitor 146.52 on 2m.

Doc
W5DOK is offline   Reply With Quote