View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 09:03 PM   #1
electricflyer

Default There sure are a lot of RVrs on the road

During my trip from Atlanta to the Omaha area DW and I noticed an abundance of RVs on the highways. Just going from Poplar Bluff, MO to Springfield on Hwy 60 (beautiful 4 lane by the way) we met over 50 RVs headed east, of course I don't know how may were headed west as that was the direction of my travel. But, every leg of the trip we met a continuous flow of RV's, even on the back roads. Then on the return leg of the trip we traveled east about 3/4th the width of Iowa and since we weren't on Interstate highways we passed many farmsteads. With few exceptions it seemed that every farm yard had a RV parked in it, mostly 5th wheels. I don't remember ever seeing that many RV's before. I know it has been very good for the manufacturers the past couple years and that was the evidence. A quite a bit of discussion about making campground reservations and I try to get all my stops reserved since I'm not set up for boondocking. The only spot I couldn't reserve was at a city park in Unionville, MO. That park was next to the county fairgrounds and when I inquired about it they said no reservations, but unless the fair was going on there wasn't any problem. As it turned out there was only about 4 RV's in the 50 spaces (full hook up by the way for $20).

Anyone traveling on a weekend should definitely plan to make reservations. Sundays thru Thursdays not a real problem. School starts around here pretty soon so weekday travelers should be in good shape.
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote