Thread: Hurricane Ike
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 08:21 AM   #7
One Country Boy

Default Tropical Storms, Hurricanes, etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy N1ORK View Post
They're estimating 5 to 10" ending about 02:00 local. The 'EYE' is just to RI right now and the rain is really coming down. The winds are only about 30mph. Flood warnings and watches are up for coastal CT and low lying river and stream areas. Not too bad here, good luck with IKE.
Thanks Andy,

Looks like they are forcasting Ike to move more in Ken's (TXIceman) direction now. But, it's still a long way out to call.

You received more rain and higher winds than we did from Hanna Andy. Glad you survived it without incident. It's that time of year for us in the south.

We (the XYL and I) are talking about next summers trip to escape the heat and humidity of Florida. Plans are to leave in July and return in mid to late October. Our biggest concern is leaving during hurricane season and not being able to look after things here. I guess when we leave we will have everything hurricane preped as much as possible.

Ken, I had seen that link you put up. That's a nice site, especially for this active season. Keep an eye on Ike, looks like they keep moving him in your direction. I've got relative near you in Pasadena so we keep an eye on the Houston area as well.